Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Teal Bracelets for Ovarian Cancer

For those of you who have been following my blog and check with me regularly probably know that a cause that is dear to my heart is Ovarian Cancer. My Aunt died of Ovarian Cancer in 2004, I have seen it touch so many lives and I have seen it take to many lives. 1 in 58 women will be diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer this year, and only 20% of those women will be diagnosed in a early detected stage. This cancer is the 5th leading cause of death in women, it is the most fatal gynecological cancer. We have to take awareness seriously and break the silence of Ovarian Cancer. I take part in Ovarian Cancer events alot especially in september because it is Ovarian Cancer Awareness month! Will you help in the fight against Ovarian Cancer? I support the Linda F. Kelly Foundation, http://www.lindafkellyfoundation.org/ They are commited to spreading awareness about Ovarian cancer, my mom started this foundation in memory of her sister and we travel to so many events to bring awareness about Ovarian Cancer. I have made several items like these bracelets above that you can purchase on my etsy site http://www.michellerabondesigns.etsy.com/ all ovarian cancer items purchased from me 50% of the profits will be donated to The Linda F. Kelly Foundation.

Check out the foundation website for other ways that you can get involved, join Scrap a way to a cure on September 11th if you are in our area or knit/crochet a shawl for women with Ovarian Cancer.

Thanks everyone!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment