Thursday, February 2, 2012

I hope you will take a moment to read.

{This is my Eulogy I plan on giving Friday at my brothers funeral and I wanted to share it with, thank you for your kind words and prayers....I am so greatful}

For those of you who don’t know me I am the baby sister of the family. My Dad suggested that I try and find something humorous to say in my few minutes I had up here, but my husband says that I am not very funny... and I all could think of was stories where Chris contributed to my mischief as a teenager or sharing what it was like having three older brothers...

My mind is flooded with memories of Chris when I was growing up, Christmas’ never lacked entertainment and his smile was contagious. There are so many memories that I could share of him but that’s not why I wanted to speak today.

For the last few months, out of our hours of conversations and things he shared with me, one of those he said many times was that he wanted to do something great for God. I want to help him do that, I know that he wanted to be able to tell each of you the great things that God had done through all of this,  to tell you that God brought this baby sister and my big brother closer together; it allowed us to become friends. He got to enjoy the sound of my children laughing, how to enjoy the little things and God showed him the importance of family and sharing his heart. As a family God used all of this to draw us all closer together, and teach us the value in having one another.  But the greatest of all these is that Chris would want to share is that he gave his heart and life to Christ. Everyday through texts or conversations He wanted everyone to know that he was trusting God. Even the morning of his passing he told mom that he was trusting God all the way.

You don’t have to be a great speaker or someone perfect to do something great for God.  Chris wanted people to see that even at the worst moments in our lives when it seems all hope is gone, God is right there with us.

For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5

As I was writing this I wanted Chris so badly to speak up and tell me what he wanted the world to hear, but I already knew, He trusted God even when he said he felt like he could see no way out. In an email he sent to a friend he said “my faith is firmly rooted and I leave it in God's hands. And believe with every fiber, as he is right there with me, always.

As I continued reading through a few of his things I came across something that summed up a great deal of this journey he found himself on. He said “I know this is not only my journey, but one for others as well.” I know that his journey has forever changed me and my family….from emails and phone calls we have received he has done the same for you. My prayer as we face these new days without Chris with us physically that we will hold to the amazing memories of who he was, I pray that each of us will do something great for God like Chris wanted to do, and I pray that if you don’t know Jesus like Chris did, that you will seek Him and find the hope and strength that Chris found.

“16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

On behalf of my parents and my brothers, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind and loving words, your stories and prayers. Our family will always be missing a piece but we will carry him on with us through our memories.

"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away" Revelation 21:4

And in the words of Chris’s buddy my 4 year old daughter….Don’t be sad mommy, you don’t have to cry…you will see him again in Heaven…Like every day…

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have lost a brother. In trusting God, I trusted Him to either heal my brother here on earth, or heal my broken heart as Bill was healed in Heaven. May the Lord bless with you perfect weather tomorrow, and may you be surrounded with family and friends lifting you up and enjoying your memories together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just learned of this. I worked with Chris at Carowinds and know Dean as well. we had so many great times back in the day..... I'm so sorry. Mark Sykes a.k.a. Syko

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! I went to Olympic HS with you. Mr.2x Home comming KING. I lived less than a block away from you.You had a birthday party for me at your parents house and like 300 people showed up.I sat with u at October-fest while you ran the sound system.Your dad let us borrow a projection screen TV for several weeks to watch the falcons. I loved you man like a brother. I tried to reach out on the net and find you to no avail.A piece of me is gone after Knowing that you are gone and I will never see you again. Something I wanted so much. You are like my brother I admired you because you had it all.The best friend I ever Knew and the memories will live in my mind and heart til I am gone.Your best friend Jim Ferguson 1978-79 the year I moved. I'll never forget the light blue caddy.

    ReplyDelete